Local Information and Conference Venue
For a visa invitation and visa-related issues, please contact the visa handling team, see the visa address here.
NEW The new conference venue is: Pôle communication, multimédia et réseaux, University of La Rochelle, 44, avenue Albert Einstein, 17000 La Rochelle, France (Google map).
La Rochelle can be reached in several ways:
- By plane from Lyon, London, Paris-Orly, Porto, etc.: http://www.larochelle.aeroport.fr/en/
- By train: http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/
- By car
The International airport of La Rochelle-Ré has daily connections the French hub of Lyon, hence making it simple to reach La Rochelle with a connecting flights from numerous European cities. In addition, direct flights are provided on a non-daily basis by Ryanair and Easyjet, towards Birmingham, Bristol, Brussels (Charleroi), Dublin, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Geneva, Leeds, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Manchester, Paris, Porto, Southampton. Please refer to booking sites for updated multiple leg connections, for instance www.skyscanner.com or www.edreams.com. From the airport, you can reach the conference venue by taxi or by Yelo bus (with line number 7 until place de Verdun and then bus number 3 until the Technoforum bus stop, 1.30€ for 1 ticket, 11€ for a 10-trip ticket).
Traveling to La Rochelle can also be achieved by flying to one of the larger nearby airports of Paris CDG, Paris Orly, Bordeaux or Nantes. If you're not flying to La Rochelle, we would generally recommend that you fly either to Paris CDG, from which you can take a train to La Rochelle without going through Paris, or that you fly to Bordeaux airport which is generally better connected than Nantes airport.
Train tickets can be booked on the French train company's website. Please note that the sooner you book, the cheaper. However, be careful with exchange and refund conditions.
- Paris CDG airport – La Rochelle: about 4 hours
- Paris center (Montparnasse station) - La Rochelle: about 3 hours
- Bordeaux – La Rochelle: about 2 hours
- Nantes – La Rochelle: about 2 hours
Walking from the train station to the conference center takes 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can take a taxi, or Yelo bus number 3 towards the stop “Technoforum”, which lies by the conference venue and 3 of the selected hotels (Altica, Première classe, Kyriad).
France has recently allowed long-distance bus services. There are several bus lines, far cheaper than trains, between La Rochelle, Nantes and Bordeaux. They often depart and arrive to and from train stations, which makes travelling by bus no more complicated than by train. You may get schedules and prices online, for instance on comparabus or busradar.
Follow signs to “Les Minimes”. The conference venue (University) is located between the SNCF railway station and the harbor of Les Minimes: 44, avenue Albert Einstein 17000 La Rochelle, France.
- CICLing Organizing Committee does not endorse any of the services or establishments mentioned on this page.
- The information on this page is provided as is and may be subject to change. The organizers shall not be held responsible for any purported damages by prospective participants or any third party because of their use of this information or due to changes to it.