Local Information and
Transportation and Accommodation
Official hotel, and getting there
Hotel Parkland, A-2/5, Safdarjung
Enclave, New Delhi - 110 029. Phone: +91 114 603 3333.
Please ask for an address card at the
reception and carry the card and the following phones always with you when in
IIT Delhi, Main Building, Seminar
Hall (ground floor).
This is in some 15-20 min ride from
the hotel; a tuk-tuk (auto rickshaw) from the hotel should cost at most 50--100
Rs. However, there will be a special bus from the official hotel to the
conference venue, at 08:30 am each of the working days of the conference
(Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday).
Getting to Downtown Delhi
There is a good and cheap Metro system. There is a Metro
station near the hotel and near the conference venue.
Otherwise, use taxi or tuk-tuk (auto-rickshaw).
- Currency: Approx. 50 Rs. per dollar.
- Weather: Warm weather, sunny, can be rather hot.
- Some unwritten rules and presupposed manners: Do not give things with
your left hand, or point with left hand, or touch things with your left
hand. Do not use your left hand when eating; better keep it under the table.
Preferably do not touch people unless they indicate it (say, by giving you
hand for handshake). Always agree the price before using a service (such as
- Driving direction: on the left side (like in England and Japan). Be
careful when crossing a street -- look in all directions, just in case.
- Electricity: Special plug, not similar to the US or European type.
Alternative accommodation options
We strongly recommend that you stay at
the official hotel. If you still want to stay in a different hotel (highly
discouraged; think twice!), then
check nearby hotels; there are a few hotels near the official one.
In case of emergency or if you
are lost, call the local organizers:
- CICLing Organizing Committee does not endorse any of the services or establishments mentioned
on this page.
- The information on this page is provided as is and may be
subject to change. The organizers shall not be held responsible for any purported damages
by prospective participants or any third party because of their use of this
information or due to changes to it.